In today’s episode of The Big Picture Podcast, we sat down with Eddie Ybañez, the brain behind the innovative on-demand platform Micab. The IT graduate from Cebu Institute of Technology first worked as a web developer before starting the company in 2012. In an effort to create a solution to a problem he experienced himself, he created Micab.
Fast forward a few years after, he met his co-founder in a startup weekend event, landed a deal with one of Cebu’s biggest taxi operators, and the rest they say is history. If you have something ingenious in mind and you are considering turning it into a lucrative business, this is one episode you can’t afford to miss!
Listen to the Podcast Here
Help us spread the positivity!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and a review! It takes just 30 seconds and the instructions can be found here. Thanks and we really appreciate it!
- Updates from the hosts
- Eddie’s journey from being an intern to being an entrepreneur
- How and why he started Micab
- The creation of Micab as a solution to a problem
- Micab’s business model
- Earning through advertising
- How on-demand advertising works
- How they gather demographic information to analyze target demands
- Micab as Eddie’s master thesis
- Partnership and fundings
- Pitching Micab to one of the taxi operators in Cebu
- Why they switched from booking service to advertising
- What prompted them to switch into advertising
- The company’s existing business model
- Tracking impressions
- Difficulties he encountered
- Managing the company
- Future plans of Micab
- And much more!
Connect with Eddie Ybañez and Micab:
Watch the Video Here:
We’re Giving Away Books!
Here in The Big Picture, we believe that books are powerful and they can change lives! So we’re giving away a few books to lucky winners. Please go to our Facebook Page to learn more about it!