TBP Podcast 037: How to Be an “Overnight Success” with Karencitta
In today’s show of The Big Picture Podcast, Dave and Jo interviewed 23-year-old Australian-born and Filipino pride Karencitta, Karen Ann Cabrera in real life. The lyricist, actress, and Internet sensation is also the brilliant musician behind the runaway hit “Cebuana.” The song became really massive that it snagged the Top Most Viral Music honors on Spotify after it was uploaded. It also got a staggering one million views on YouTube in just 24 hours!
So how exactly did the talented Cebuana created a name for herself in the highly competitive entertainment world? How did she handle failures? How has her life changed? You’ll find the answers to all those questions and more in today’s episode so don’t forget to tune in!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Help us spread the positivity!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and a review! It takes just 30 seconds and the instructions can be found here. Thanks and we really appreciate it!
- How her music career started
- When did she realize music is going to be her career
- Why she auditioned for X Factor and other competitions
- What makes her stand up and try again after experiencing failures
- Her comedy skits
- The things that transpired when “Cebuana” was released
- Her definition of hip-hop
- Her biggest influencer
- How her day has changed
- Her music role models
- Her brand’s purpose
- What she plans to do next
- Purple Cow: Transform Your Business by Being Remarkable by Seth Godin
- The Alchemist Novel by Paulo Coelho
- Karencitta on Facebook
- Karencitta on Instagram
- Karencitta on Spotify
- Karencitta on iTunes
- Karencitta on YouTube
Watch the Video Here:
We’re Giving Away Books!
Here in The Big Picture, we believe that books are powerful and they can change lives! So we’re giving away a few books to lucky winners. Please go to our Facebook Page to learn more about it!
If you like this episode, feel free to share. Also, don’t forget to like our Facebook Page for more positivity, The Big Picture, or join the Facebook group!