TBP Podcast 044: The Road to Successful Entrepreneurship with multi-awarded entrepreneur and chairman of “The Islands Group” Jay Aldeguer
Hailed as the “souvenir virtuoso,” Jay Aldeguer is considered one of Cebu’s most creative and innovative entrepreneurs. To this day, the founder and chairman of “The Islands Group” continues to introduce fresh and exciting ideas and encourages people to think and act global.
After a backpacking trip in Europe, he came up with the idea for Island Souvenirs. Introduced in early 1992, Island Souvenirs completely revolutionized the way souvenirs are presented. Today, the most awarded retail concept in the Philippines continues to dominate the souvenir industry.
If you want to venture into business, make a difference in the community, and create a name for yourself, don’t forget to tune in to today’s episode. Jay’s creative drive, passion for service, and zest for life will surely give you the inspiration you need to make it big.
Help us spread the positivity!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and a review! It takes just 30 seconds and the instructions can be found here. Thanks and we really appreciate it!
- Who Jay Aldeguer is
- His early influences
- Where he launched Island Souvenirs
- His products
- The consumers he had in mind
- On business competition
- Failures he experienced and the lessons he learned
- Finding the right balance between overthinking and taking action
- Tips on aligning goals
- His advice for those who would like to venture into business
- Things budding entrepreneurs should work on
- How he sees and approaches problems
- His morning routine
- What inspires him
- On whether or not he considers himself successful
- His advice for people who don’t like their jobs or those who are employed in other countries and would like to go home
- Making Ideas Happen by Scott Belsky
- Built to Last by James C. Collins, Jerry I. Porras
- Istanbul: Memories and the City by Orhan Pamuk
- Netflix: Fyre
Watch the Video Here:
We’re Giving Away Books!
Here in The Big Picture, we believe that books are powerful and they can change lives! So we’re giving away a few books to lucky winners. Please go to our Facebook Page to learn more about it!