Today’s guest is Boris Joaquin, who is known as one of the top-ranking public speaker and trainer for leadership programs and other soft skills. A seasoned management and marketing professional, and has been involved in various industries (advertising, fragrances, goods, printing/publishing, telecommunications, BPO and business solutions) from multinationals to local-owned companies for over two decades now.
Currently, he is the President and Chief Equipping Officer of Breakthrough Leadership Management Consultancy, Inc. also the Master Trainer and Country Representative of the Lead Like Jesus Training Program and the founder of Project Purpose Philippines. He is also the Editor-in-Chief of the People Manager Magazine, the official publication of the People Management Association of the Philippines (PMAP), and frequently contributes to the career/ lifestyle section of Rappler.com. He is the author of Practical Wisdom, the best-selling book to be Happy at Work, and used to write a regular column for PhilStar.com and Inquirer Libre.
Join us today as Boris will engage us in a talk about finding our life’s purpose. He will also recount his journey on how he became one of the top-ranking public speaker and trainer for leadership programs.
If you’re a business or just someone who’s looking for your purpose then this episode is just for you.
Help us spread the positivity!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and a review! It takes just 30 seconds and the instructions can be found here. Thanks and we really appreciate it!
- What he is doing right now and the event he is conducting
- Who Boris is and his background
- The considerations he made when he decided to be self-employed
- The project purpose and his why
- What happens if a person walks through life without life purpose
- Why does he think that finding your why and life purpose is not a popular topic in the Philippines
- How can a person find their purpose in life
- In between the time when he was looking for his life purpose does he have a hint already and started working on projects
- Does he believe that everything will follow through if people trust their purpose
- Learnings from the hosts
- Does he consider himself successful
- Best and worst advice he received
- His morning routine
- Who are the people that inspires him
- Tips on people who wants to make a change in their lives
- Servant Leadership in Action: How You Can Achieve Great Relationships and Results by Kenneth H. Blanchard and Renee Broadwell
- Lead Like Jesus by Kenneth H. Blanchard
- Start With Your Why by Simon Sinek
- The Purpose Driven Life: What on Earth Am I Here For? by Rick Warren
- Divine Direction: 7 Decisions That Will Change Your Life by Craig Groeschel
- Boris on Facebook
- Boris on Rappler
- Boris’ Website
- Mentoring Moments FB Page
- Breakthrough Leadership Website
- Salt and Light Website
- The Project Purpose Website
Watch the Video Here:
We’re Giving Away Books!
Here in The Big Picture, we believe that books are powerful and they can change lives! So we’re giving away a few books to lucky winners. Please go to our Facebook Page to learn more about it!