TBP Podcast 49: From Running a Small Carenderia to Managing a Successful Homegrown Multi-Brand Business with Chef Raki Urbina of the Laguna Group
Help us spread the positivity!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and a review! It takes just 30 seconds and the instructions can be found here. Thanks and we really appreciate it!
- Who Raki is
- How their business started
- What motivated his mom
- The dream of making the business flourish
- How the family’s mindset changed
- What kept Raki from joining the family business at first
- His overseas education
- The differences between the old and new Laguna Cafe
- On passing the family business to the next generation
- What a family constitution is
- Their company values
- What his typical day is like
- The maturity of their business
- How Lemon Grass and Ulli’s came about
- The future of the Laguna Group
- Learnings of the hosts
- His morning routine
- Who or what inspires him
- On whether or not he considers himself successful
- Three or five things he would like to have if he has to start all over again
- Best advice given to him
- Worst advice given to him
- Things the new generation are not doing that are important for their growth
- His advice for people who don’t like their jobs or those who are employed in other countries and would like to go home
- Chef Thomas Keller
- The French Laundry
Watch the Video Here:
We’re Giving Away Books!
Here in The Big Picture, we believe that books are powerful and they can change lives! So we’re giving away a few books to lucky winners. Please go to our Facebook Page to learn more about it!